Primary Care Networks (PCNs) are groups of family doctors and other health professionals who work together to develop programs and services designed to meet your everyday health needs. These can include health teams, after hours care, clinics and workshops. There are seven PCNs in the Calgary area – caring for more than one million patients -- and 42 province-wide.
Health teams led by your family doctor can vary in size and focus but often include nurses, mental health consultants, pharmacists, dietitians and kinesiologists. The care you receive from the team is an extension of the care you receive from your family doctor, and is part of what makes your doctor’s clinic your health or medical home.
Other services, clinics and workshops
Each PCN designs programs and services to meet the unique health needs of the geographic area they serve. As a result, each PCN has customized programs. Many offer after hours care, clinics for maternity care or chronic pain and workshops for weight management, physical activity and happiness. To learn more about PCNs in the Calgary area, please visit mypcn.ca or the following PCN websites:
- Northeast Calgary: Mosaic PCN – www.mosaicpcn.ca
- North Calgary and Cochrane: Calgary Foothills PCN – www.cfpcn.ca
- Central Calgary: Calgary West Central PCN – www.cwcpcn.com
- South Calgary: South Calgary PCN – www.scpcn.ca
- Airdrie, Carstairs, Crossfield, Didsbury and surrounding areas: Highland PCN – www.yourhpcn.com
- Bow Valley (Banff, Canmore, Dead Man’s Flats, Exshaw, Harvie Heights, Kananaskis, Lac des Arcs, Lake Louise, Morley and Seebe): Bow Valley PCN – www.bowvalleypcn.ca
- Rural (Black Diamond, Bragg Creek, Chestermere, Claresholm, Eden Valley, High River, Nanton, Okotoks, Siksika First Nation, Strathmore and Vulcan): Calgary Rural PCN - www.crpcn.ca
To find a doctor elsewhere in Alberta, please visit the provincial Find a Doctor website.
Find a Doctor
This website is designed to make it easier and quicker for patients in the Calgary area to find a family doctor. Research shows patients who have a family doctor and visit them regularly are healthier as they age and live longer. In addition, they receive more chronic disease care, make fewer visits to the emergency room and are hospitalized less. Launched in 2010 and redeveloped in 2015, calgaryareadocs.com is a partnership between the seven Calgary-area PCNs and Alberta Health Services. Please read our Find a Doctor FAQ for more information.